Friday, September 30, 2011

Dreamy

     Yesterday I had wonderful experience. For a few fleeting moments, I found pure serenity. While I was waiting for Olivia's class to finish, I just relaxed on the grass, and eventually slipped into a comfortable snooze. I can't have been asleep for more than a couple of minutes when I started dreaming. It was only for a few seconds, but I remember seeing Olivia's face. She had a big ol' grin on her face, and she was positively beaming. She honestly looked happier than I'd ever seen her. At the same moment that I saw her, a feeling washed over me--one that I can't entirely describe. It was almost like a huge bucket of happiness and peace was dumped inside my chest. So much that I could hardly contain it.

        It was only for a few seconds, and then I woke up, but it was one of the best feelings I've ever had. To me, it was a reassurance that we're doing the right thing, and that more happiness than either of can imagine is yet to come. I want to go back to those few seconds and just replay it over and over, feel those same feelings a million times over again. Someday, I think we'll be there together in that moment, and it won't ever have to end. It'll just go on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment